Exar’s 9240 Compression and Security Coprocessor delivers unprecedented performance to OEMs in the data analytics, storage, and cloud security markets. The 9240’s high performance, scalability, and low power address the requirements for a variety of enterprise applications, including data warehouses, Hadoop clusters, storage arrays, application delivery controllers, WAN optimization appliances, security gateways, and hardware security modules.
- 40 gigabits/sec of simultaneous compression/encryption/hashing
- 40,000 operations/sec of RSA with 2048-bit keys
- Compression Ratios comparable to Level 9 GZIP
- PCI Express 3.0 host interface (x8) supporting 8 GB/sec
- 40 gigabit/sec Interlaken interface supports external FPGA
- Class of Service provides multiple queues to prioritize traffic
- Single Root I/O Virtualization (SRIOV) integrates 128 virtual functions
- Support for gzip, zlib, Deflate, eLZS, and LZS
- Support for a wide range of symmetric and asymmetric encryption algorithms, including multiple wireless algorithms
- Hardware Random Number Generation, and NIST compliant DRBG
- Key Unwrap engine and a KEK store with Tamper Zeroization
- Data warehouses
- Hadoop clusters
- Storage arrays
- Application delivery controllers
- WAN optimization appliances
- Security gateways
- Hardware security modules
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||RoHS||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Buy Now||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.