The MxL251 is an ultra low-power, single-chip receiver IC that is compliant with all global digital-cable standards, including ITU-T J.83 Annex A (DVB-C), Annex B (US Cable), Annex C, SCTE40, SCTE55-1, SCTE55-2, and OC-SP-CCIF2.0.
Featuring dual integrated tuner/demodulators, the MxL251 can receive signals from two independent 6MHz or 8MHz channels over 44MHz to 1002MHz from a single RF input and simultaneously demodulate them producing two independent MPEG Transport Streams (TSs).
- Dual integrated tuner/demodulators can be independently tuned over the entire 44MHz to 1002MHz cable spectrum
- Supports OOB signals from 70MHz to 130MHz
- Programmable channel bandwidths of 6MHz and 8MHz
- Integrated channel filtering eliminates the need for external SAW filters
- On-chip crystal load capacitors reduce BOM costs
- Built-in SPLT facilitates the cascading of devices for additional TSs
- LT output enables RF pass-through
- Reference clock output supports additional receivers in multi-channel applications
- Supports coexistence with MoCA when using an external Low-Pass Filter (LPF)
- High accuracy input power reporting
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Convenient I2C interface
- Set-top boxes (STBs)
- Cable DTAs
- Cable gateways
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.