The MxL261 is a highly-integrated, monolithic, dual wideband tuner and quad demodulator receiver IC that targets DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS cable modem designs.
Consuming less than 175mW per channel in full eight-channel mode, the MxL261 integrates all critical components onto a single chip, including two 96MHz wideband tuners, four QAM demodulators, a four-channel wideband IF output, a broadband input filter, a channel filter, AGC, LO generation, and PLL. These features enable simple and compact board designs, a reduced BOM cost, and ultra-low power consumption.
The MxL261 receives RF signals from 44MHz to 1002MHz, and the dual wideband tuners can be independently tuned to capture two 96MHz frequency bands anywhere in the cable spectrum. All functions are controlled by a convenient I2C interface. The IC operates with 3.3V, 1.8V, and 1.2V supplies, and is available in a compact 7 x 7mm2, 48-pin QFN package.
- Dual tuner, up to 96MHz bandwidth each, and four QAM demodulators
- Supports up to eight downlink channels (four serial MPEG Transport Stream (TS) outputs, and four channels in wideband IF output)
- Reduced power consumption when high bandwidth is not needed
- Independent tuning range from 44MHz to 1002MHz for each tuner
- Integrated channel filtering does not require external SAW filters
- Programmable narrow channel bandwidths of 6MHz and 8MHz
- Reference clock output available for re-use by additional tuners in multi-channel applications
- Splitter (SPLT) can drive a second MxL261 for a 16 x 4 gateway application that does not require an external active splitter
- Loop Through (LT) for analog pass-through applications
- I2C-compatible digital control interface
- Supports coexistence with MoCA when using an external Low-Pass Filter (LPF)
- DOCSIS 3.0 and 2.0
- EuroDOCSIS 3.0 and 2.0
- ITU-T J.83 (Annex A, B, and C)
- Cable modems
- Cable DTAs
- Cable gateways
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.