|Min Temp (°C)||0|
|Max Temp (°C)||70|
The MxL268 is a cable gateway front-end SoC that supports 32 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels (32 x 8). The MxL268 targets DOCSIS and Euro-DOCSIS cable gateway designs.
The MxL268 IC captures the full, 1GHz cable bandwidth, and is capable of providing 24 channels of digitized I/Q data and 8 channels of demodulated data over SerDes. The MxL268 IC also receives digitized upstream signals from a DOCSIS back-end IC using the SerDes interface, and outputs upstream analog signals in the 5MHz to 85MHz range to an external PGA.
With its high integration and low-power consumption, the MxL268 enables high-speed broadband data solutions with a compact board design and low BOM cost. The MxL268 IC is controlled through an I2C interface and operates using 3.3V, 1.8V, and 1.1V supplies. The MxL268 is available in a small 7mm x 7mm footprint 48-pin QFN package.
- Full-Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) cable tuner capable of receiving QAM channels from 44MHz to 1006MHz without external SAW filters
- Remote network monitoring, including spectrum reporting
- Two SATA 3.0-based SerDes interfaces
- Eight QAM demodulators
- Supports up to 32 downstream channels and 8 upstream channels
- Outputs a DOCSIS upstream signal from 5MHz to 85MHz
- 1.98W power consumption in a 32-channel receiver application
- 686mW in Low-Power Mode (LPM)
- Downstream channel bandwidth that is configurable to 6MHz or 8MHz
- Reference clock output is provided to the DOCSIS back-end IC for SerDes communication
- I2C-compatible digital control interface
- Cable modems
- Cable gateways
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.