|Min Temp (°C)||0|
|Max Temp (°C)||70|
The MxL277 is a cable gateway, front-end SoC that supports 2 OFDM and 32 QAM downstream channels, in addition to 2 OFDMA and 8 QAM upstream channels. The MxL277 targets DOCSIS and Euro-DOCSIS cable gateway designs.
For the cable downstream, the MxL277 captures the entire 1.218GHz cable bandwidth and provides up to 2 OFDM and 32 QAM channels of digitized I/Q data using 5 SerDes lanes. The MxL277 accepts digitized upstream signals from a DOCSIS back-end IC using two SerDes lanes, and outputs upstream analog signals in the 5MHz to 204MHz range to the companion MxL236 PGA.
With its high integration and low-power consumption, the MxL277 enables high-speed DOCSIS 3.1 broadband gateway solutions with compact board design and low BOM cost.
The MxL277 is controlled through an SPI interface and operates using 3.3V, 1.8V, and 0.9V supplies. The MxL277 is available in a small 10mm x 10mm footprint 88-pin QFN package.
- Full-Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) cable tuner that is capable of receiving 2 OFDM and 32 QAM channels from 44MHz to 1218MHz
- ADC capture range of 5MHz to 1218MHz supporting both upstream and downstream spectrum reporting
- Full-spectrum transmit for cable upstream that supports two OFDMA and eight QAM channels covering 5MHz to 204MHz
- Proactive Network Maintenance (PNM) on DOCSIS bands that supports power reporting, spectrum reporting, and histogram
- Integrated Battery Backup Unit (BBU) ADC
- 1.4W typical power consumption when receiving all DOCSIS channels
- 0.6W typical power consumption in a single downstream channel DOCSIS3.0 Low Power Mode (LPM)
- Reference clock output provided to a DOCSIS back-end IC
- SPI digital control interface
- I2C-compatible interface for the BBU
- Simple interface to the MxL236 DOCSIS 3.1 upstream PGA
- Integrated temperature sensor
- Cable modems
- Cable gateways
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.