|Min Temp (°C)||0|
|Max Temp (°C)||70|
The MxL236 is a low-power consumption, upstream PGA IC that is designed for DOCSIS 3.1 applications. The MxL236 targets DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS cable gateway designs. The MxL236 includes the upstream network monitoring function.
The amplifier covers a frequency range of 5MHz to 204MHz, and can transmit any combination of DOCSIS 3.0 and DOCSIS 3.1 channels. The MxL236 can output a combined power of 68dBmV at the balun output in the DOCSIS 3.1 upstream band of 5MHz–204MHz. The MxL236 is designed to be used in conjunction with all MaxLinear DOCSIS 3.1 Full-Spectrum Capture™ (FSC™) tuners, such as the MxL277 and MxL278.
The MxL236 is configurable through a SPI bus and operates using a single 3.3V supply. The MxL236 is offered in a small 7mm x 7mm footprint, 48-pin QFN package.
- Up to 68dBmV combined Tx power at the balun output in the DOCSIS 3.1 upstream band of 5MHz–204MHz
- Power consumption as low as 1.8W at 58dBmV, and as low as 3.1W at 68dBmV at the balun output
- Low standby power < 33mW
- Small 7mm x 7mm QFN package
- Single 3.3V supply
- 63 gain steps in 1dB increments
- Integrated Upstream Network Monitoring (USM) functionality when used with MxL277/ MxL278
- Configurable through an SPI
- Ideal upstream amplifier for MxL277 and MxL278 designs
- Supported Standards:
- DOCSIS 3.1 and 3.0
- EuroDOCSIS 3.0
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable modems
- DOCSIS 3.0 cable gateways
- VoIP modems
- Set-top boxes (STBs)
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.