The MxL661 is a highly integrated low-power silicon tuner IC that targets all global analog and digital cable standards, as well as analog and digital terrestrial reception standards. Broadband input filtering and channel filtering have been completely integrated on-chip. This integration enables a compact design resulting in small footprint, low BOM cost, and low-power consumption.
A signal at the 75Ω RF input is filtered and converted to a programmable IF output frequency. AGC, LO generation, and channel selectivity functions are completely integrated on the chip. All functions of the IC can be controlled using the I2C interface.
The MxL661 is available in a 4mm x 4mm, 24-pin QFN package.
- Tuning range from 44 MHz to 1002 MHz
- Programmable channel bandwidths of 1.7 MHz, 5 MHz, 6 MHz, 7 MHz, and 8 MHz. ■ Integrated channel filtering
- Low-power consumption with 3.3V and 1.8V dual-supply operation—403 mW (digital terrestrial)
- On-chip voltage regulator enables single supply 3.3V operation
- Programmable IF frequency and IF spectrum inversion
- Programmable RF to IF delay for ATV scrambling systems that relies on the H-Sync method
- Optional balun-less application for cost-sensitive applications
- Reference clock output available for re-use by demodulators and additional tuners in multi-channel applications
- Input power reporting—RSSI
- Open-drain GPO available for controlling off-chip circuitry
- I2C-compatible digital control interface
- RoHS compliance
- Hybrid analog and digital TV applications
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.