The MxL683 is a highly integrated, single-chip receiver for ISDB-T digital TV applications. The MxL683 includes an integrated digital tuner, a 13-segment ISDB-T/SBTVD-T demodulator, an embedded CPU, and a serial MPEG Transport Stream (TS) output. This unique combination of features enables manufacturers to develop a range
of highly differentiated set-top box solutions that are both cost-competitive and high performance.
The MxL683’s IC is fully configurable through a programmable I2C interface. The MxL683 downconverts and demodulates the RF input from a 75Ω source, and provides a standard MPEG serial TS output. Gain control, LO generation, and channel filtering are completely integrated on-chip.
Immunity to LTE and WiFi interference is optimized with the MxL683, providing significant margin to industry standards.
The MxL683 has two supply modes of single 3.3V and dual supply. In dual supply mode operation, 3.3V and 1.8V supplies are required. The MxL683 is available in a 7mm x 7mm QFN48 package.
- Integrated tuner and demodulator
- Tuning range from 44MHz to 885MHz
- Low current consumption with 3.3V and 1.8V dual supply operation—204mA (Active)/10mA (Standby)
- Small footprint and low profile—7mm x 7mm x 0.85mm3
- Integrated channel filtering
- Iterative decoding
- Superior impulse noise immunity
- Excellent immunity to LTE and Wi-Fi interference
- Supports IL—2, 4, 8, and 16 interleaver modes without external memory
- Integrated Loop Through (LT) output
- Clock output for crystal sharing
- High accuracy Receiver Signal Strength Indicator (RSSI)
- Auxiliary channel decoding for Emergency Warning System (EWS) broadcast
- Serial MPEG TS output
- Automatic spectral inversion
- Temperature sensor
- Seven general purpose digital I/O
- I2C-compatible digital control interface
- 7mm x 7mm QFN48 package
- RoHS compliant
- Single channel ISDB-T/SBTVD-T set-top box
- Dual channel ISDB-T/SBTVD-T PVR
- PCTV modules
- USB dongles
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.