The MxL691 is a single-chip, integrated tuner and demodulator receiver that targets digital TV, single/multi-channel STB, USB/WiFi adapter, and WiFi/wired/RF Smart antenna system applications for the ATSC standard.
The MxL691 takes an RF input signal from 54MHz to 884MHz, and outputs an MPEG TS in serial or parallel format. With its high-level of integration, the chip integrates the following to simplify the boardlevel design:
- Broadband input filter
- Channel filter
The MxL691 is controlled through an I2C interface. The IC supports either single supply operation using 3.3V, or dual supply operation using 3.3V and 1.8V.
- Wide tuning range from 54MHz to 885MHz
- Single RF input
- Integrated channel filtering that does not require SAW filters
- Loop-Through (LT) output function
- On-chip voltage regulators enable a single supply operation
- Typical low-power consumption of <550mW in dual supply operation
- Excellent immunity to LTE and WiFi interference
- Input power reporting
- Serial or parallel TS interface
- CEA-909-compliant Smart Antenna Interface Specification (modes A and B)
- API-based software interface
- Single-channel ATSC zapper
- Dual-channel PVR STB
- Quad-channel PVR STB
- ATSC gateway
- ATSC to USB/WiFi adapter
- ATSC wired/RF Smart antenna
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.