|Information||1G Ethernet PHY, SGMII, MACSEC, Industrial Temp|
|Ethernet Bandwidth (Mbps)||10, 100, 1000|
|Min Temp (°C)||-40|
|Max Temp (°C)||85|
|X x Y Package Dimension (mm)||7 x 7|
GPY115 is a single port 1Gbit/s Ethernet PHY for the industrial temperature range with PTP (IEEE1588v2), MACsec and Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) support.
The device supports the 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te modes of the IEEE802.3 standard.
GPY115 is connected to the MAC of an SoC or switch with a low pin-count SGMII interface. The SGMII interface supports 10M, 100M and 1Gbit/s rates or IEEE802.3x rate adaptation using pause frames.
GPY115 supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) in the 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX modes to reduce power consumption during periods of low traffic. Additional power saving can be achieved by using the Wake-on-LAN (WoL) functionality and the ultra-low power mode.
GPY115 supports MACsec (IEEE 802.1AE) point-to-point wire speed encryption and decryption for MAC layer data security, Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) and the Precision Time Protocol (PTP, 1588v2).
The device is packaged in a small 7 x 7mm single-row VQFN-56 package, ideal for 2 or 4-layer PCBs. A low EMI line driver with integrated termination simplifies the PCB design. GPY115 can be operated from a single 3.3V power supply using the integrated DC/DC switching regulator. It is configurable through pin strapping, MDIO interface, or an optional external flash memory.
- Support of IEEE802.3 1000BASE-T full-duplex and 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te full and half-duplex modes
- Industrial temperature range (-40°C to +85°C)
- SGMII interface for MAC connection
- Rate adaptation over SGMII using IEEE802.3x flow control
- Single power supply of 3.3V using the integrated DC/DC switching regulator or 2 voltage rails without using the internal DC/DC
- Single-row VQFN-56 package (7 x 7mm)
- Control of up to 4 LEDs with smart LED brightness control for link status display
- Smart-AZ feature, which supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE, IEEE802.3az) with MACs that do not support EEE
- Field firmware upgrade capability with external optional flash memory
- Programmable temperature sensor to monitor the device temperature for system warning and down speed
- Support of Jumbo frames of up to 10kB
- Cable diagnostics
- Auto down speed for Cat3 (four wire) cables or bad cables
- Auto MDI/MDI-X and auto polarity correction
- Ultra-low power mode with automatic wake-up and power consumption below 10mW, when the cable is unplugged (supported with internal DCDC only)
- Precise time stamping support according to IEEE 1588 Version 2
- MACsec wire-speed data encryption and decryption with 16 security channels and 32 MACsec associations
- Synchronous Ethernet (SyncE) support according to ITU-T G.8262
- Broadband router: xPON, wireless, 4G/5G, G.Fast, G.hn, cable, xDSL
- Home gateway: wireless gateway, home server, home storage (NAS)
- High port and low port count 1GbE switch
- Dual-band dual-concurrent 802.11ac/ax enterprise access point
Documentation & Design Tools
|Data Sheets||Ethernet Network Connection GPY115 (GPY115B1VI, GPY115C0VI) Data Sheet||1.4||April 2021||2.3 MB|
|Product Flyers||GPY115 Gigabit Ethernet PHY Flyer||00||November 2022||958.4 KB|
Parts & Purchasing
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.