|Information||2.5G Ethernet PHY, SGMII, MACSEC|
|X x Y Package Dimension (mm)||7 x 7|
|Supply Voltage (V)|
|Ethernet Bandwidth (Mbps)||10, 100, 1000, 2500|
|Power Source||Single 3.3V; DCDC 3.3V => 1V|
GPY212 is a single-port 2.5Gbit/s Ethernet PHY with PTP (IEEE1588v2) and MACsec support.
The device supports the 2.5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te modes of the IEEE802.3 standard and provides great interoperability for high data rate connections as well as for connections with legacy 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T devices.
GPY212 is connected to the MAC of an SoC or switch with a low pin-count SGMII+/SGMII interface. The SGMII+/SGMII interface supports 10M, 100M, 1G and 2.5Gbit/s rates or IEEE802.3x rate adaptation using pause frames.
GPY212 supports Energy-Efficient Ethernet (EEE) in the 2.5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX modes to reduce power consumption during periods of low traffic. Additional power saving can be achieved by using the Wake-on-LAN (WoL) functionality and the ultra-low power mode.
GPY212 supports MACsec (IEEE 802.1AE) point-to-point wire speed encryption and decryption for MAC layer data security and the Precision Time Protocol (PTP, 1588v2).
The device is packaged in a small 7 x 7mm single-row VQFN-56 package, ideal for 2 or 4-layer PCBs. A low EMI line driver with integrated termination simplifies the PCB design. GPY212 can be operated from a single 3.3V power supply using the integrated DC/DC switching regulator. It is configurable through pin strapping, MDIO interface, or an optional external flash memory.
GPY212 is pin compatible with MaxLinear’s GPY211, GPY215 and GPY115 Ethernet PHYs.
- Support of IEEE802.3 2.5GBASE-T and 1000BASE-T full-duplex and 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te full and half-duplex modes
- Commercial temperature range (0°C to 70°C)
- SGMII+/SGMII interface for MAC connection. SGMII+ is a Serial-GMII (SGMII) interface operated at 3.125Gbaud/s to support a data rate of 2.5Gbit/s
- Rate adaptation over SGMII+/SGMII using IEEE802.3x flow control
- Single power supply of 3.3V using the integrated DC/DC switching regulator or 2 voltage rails without using the internal DC/DC
- Single-row VQFN-56 package (7 x 7mm)
- Control of up to 4 LEDs with smart LED brightness control for link status display
- Smart-AZ feature, which supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE, IEEE802.3az) with MACs that do not support EEE
- Field firmware upgrade capability with external optional flash memory
- Programmable temperature sensor to monitor the device temperature for system warning and down speed
- Support of Jumbo frames of up to 10kB
- Cable diagnostics
- Auto down speed for Cat3 (four wire) cables or bad cables
- Auto MDI/MDI-X and auto polarity correction
- Ultra-low power mode with automatic wake-up and power consumption below 10mW, when the cable is unplugged (supported with internal DCDC only)
- Precise time stamping support according to IEEE 1588 Version 2
- MACsec wire-speed data encryption and decryption with 16 security channels and 32 MACsec associations
- Broadband router: xPON, wireless, 4G/5G, G.Fast, G.hn, cable, xDSL
- Home gateway: wireless gateway, home server, home storage (NAS)
- High port and low port count 1GbE switch
- Dual-band dual-concurrent 802.11ac/ax enterprise access point
Documentation & Design Tools
|Product Flyers||GPY21x and GPY115 Ethernet PHYs Flyer||00||October 2020||983.3 KB|
Parts & Purchasing
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.