|Interface||PCIe Gen3 x8|
|Max Cascaded Throughput (Gbps)||640.0|
|Compression||gzip/zlib/Deflate L4, eLZS/LZS|
|Encryption||AES (All Modes)|
The DX2040 Compression and Security Acceleration Card provides unparalleled performance for OEMs in the data analytics, storage, and cloud security markets, which include Data Warehouses, Hadoop Clusters, Storage Arrays, Application Delivery Controllers (ADC), WAN Optimization Appliances, and Security Gateways. Exar's hardware accelerated compression solution for Apache Hadoop, AltraHD, has been upgraded to support the DX2040, with the DX2040-based solution delivering unprecedented performance and storage efficiency over native Hadoop.
- 40 gigabits/second of processing throughput with simultaneous compression, encryption and hashing
- Compression ratios comparable to Level 9 gzip
- 40,000 operations/second of RSA with 2048 bit keys
- PCI Express 3.0 host interface with 8 lanes
- Low profile, half-length PCI Express form factor
- Support for gzip, zlib, Deflate, and eLZS compression algorithms
- Support for a wide range of encryption, authentication, and public key algorithms, including support for elliptic curve cryptography (ECC) and Suite B
- Class of Service provides multiple queues to prioritize traffic
- Single Root I/O Virtualization (SR-IOV) integrates 128 virtual functions
- DX2040 Software Development Kit (SDK) is compatible with Exar' DX1800 and DX1700 families of compression and security and acceleration cards
- Integrated with AltraHD and OpenSSL, Exar's high performance system solutions
- Data warehouses
- Hadoop clusters
- Storage arrays
- Application delivery controllers
- WAN optimization appliances
- Security gateways
- Hardware security modules
Documentation & Design Tools
|Product Flyers||Panther Series Flyer||September 2019||882.1 KB|
|Product Briefs||Product Brief||1.0.0||August 2014||509.1 KB|
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Status||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.