The MxL9351x is a highly integrated PAM4 DSP SoC with KP4 FEC encoder/decoder that enables 100 Gbps optical interconnects using 100 Gbps over a single optical wavelength 100G/lambda.
The device has a high-speed electrical interface with four transmit (Tx) and receive (Rx) input/output (I/O) that connect electrically through a module connector to the host ASIC. The device also has a high-speed optical side interface that has one Tx and Rx that connect through the optical components to the optical fibers.
The electrical interface supports 28 Gbps NRZ signaling over an electrical channel.
The optics interface supports 112 Gbps PAM4 signaling to enable 500m DR1, 2 km FR1 use cases.
The device supports DSP functions including KP4 FEC encoder/decoder, Tx digital pre-distortion (DPD), transmit pre-emphasis (TX FIR), receive feed forward equalization (FFE) and decision feedback equalization (DFE) required for 56 Gbaud optics.
The MxL93512, in a 15 mm × 12 mm package includes the single-ended laser driver that is required for the EA-EML optics inside the device. It offers exceptional signal integrity for 56 Gbaud signals in a compact footprint suitable for next generation optical module form-factors such as QSFP28, QSFP-DD and OSFP.
- 100G KP4 FEC encoder/decoder capacity that enables 100G DR1 and FR1 requirements.
- MxL93512 includes a quad EA_EML driver with 1.8V PP SE swing and bias-T components that are required to connect to the TOSA.
- Tx equalization includes pre-emphasis, digital pre- distortion, and reflection cancellation.
- Rx equalization includes CTLE, multi-tap FFE and DFE, and reflection cancellation.
- Integrated crystal oscillator eliminates the need for a costly reference clock source.
- Digital I/O compatibility with the host processor. This removes the need for level shifters and saves valuable module board space.
- Small package size to enable the QSFP28 space requirements.
- BER monitoring
- SNR reporting for each receiver on both electrical and optical interfaces
- Diagnostic loop-backs and test pattern generation and checking
- SPI and I2C slave interface to communicate to module MCU
- SPI master for flash memory interface
- SPI and I2C master interface for TIA direct control (the I2C master enables control of the MxL9154 TIA for optimal performance)
- Embedded CPU for real-time control
- Squelch function when Loss-of-Signal (LOS) or Loss-of-Lock (LOL) is detected
- QSFP-DD optical modules
- OSFP optical modules
Documentation & Design Tools
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.