|Min Temp (°C)
|Max Temp (°C)
The MxL9164 is a four-channel linear 56GBd PAM4 transimpedance amplifier (TIA) array with I2C control and monitor ports. Each amplifier channel includes an adjustable small signal transimpedance gain range of over 30dB. The TIA typically consumes 0.8W for four channels from a single 3.3V power supply. In addition to ultra-low noise, the total harmonic distortion (THD) is less than 3%. Each TIA channel provides a pin photodiode bias voltage and an RSSI output to monitor the average photodiode current.
- Supports 56GBd PAM4 symbol rates
- Channel pitch of 250μm at input
- Transimpedance gain range from 62.5Ω to 5000Ω
- Input signal dynamic range > 30dB
- Photodiode (cathode) bias voltage
- Automatic gain control (AGC)
- RSSI current offset < 3μA
- Single power supply
- Low power consumption of 0.8W for four channels
- 39GHz typical 3dB bandwidth
- 300mVpp typical differential output swing
- Programmable output peaking
- I2C interface for direct control of the TIA
- Squelch function in case of loss of signal (LOS)
- Die size 3.0mm × 2.5mm
- QSFP-DD optical module
- OSFP optical module
- QSFP112 optical module
Documentation & Design Tools
|High-Speed Interconnect Products
Parts & Purchasing
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.