|Information||Integrated Quad RF Transceiver with Dual Feedback Receivers|
|Min Temp (°C)||-40|
|Max Temp (°C)||110|
The MxL1600 is a family of highly integrated and low power consumption multi-port radio frequency (RF) transceivers for wireless infrastructure radios. Their powerful combination of high integration, ultra-low power dissipation, high performance, and software-defined programmability make them optimal solutions for 2G, 3G, 4G, and 5G macro, massive Multiple-Input/Multiple-Output (MIMO), and small cell radio platforms.
The MxL1600 family integrates four transmitters (Tx), four receivers (Rx), and up to two feedback receivers (FBRX). They are tunable to operate over a frequency range from 380 to 6000MHz. Each Rx is configurable to support wide signal bandwidths of up to 400MHz. Each Tx and FBRX is configurable to support wider signal bandwidths up to 850MHz to facilitate digital pre-distortion algorithms.
The MxL1600 series software defined bandwidth and tuning flexibility is power-efficiently delivered using a direct conversion RF architecture. This architecture is underpinned by integrated digital radio processing functions and low-noise, on-chip local oscillators (LO). An optional external LO input is available.
The MxL1600 supports a JESD204 system interface, programmable to operate in either JESD204B or JESD204C mode with lane rates up to 32Gbps.
The MxL1600 has an embedded microcontroller sub-system that simplifies configuration, calibration, and management of the device.
The MxL1600 family are pin and software compatible with the MxL1500 series. Users can alternatively choose the MxL1500 for radios which do not support Multi-RAT GSM.
- Four transmitters
- Four receivers
- Up to two feedback receivers
- Integrated dual-input RF switches per FBRX
- RF range from 380 to 6000MHz
- Rx bandwidth up to 400MHz
- Tx/FBRX synthesis bandwidth up to 850MHz
- 2G/3G/4G/5G air interface support
- External LO input
- FDD and TDD operation
- Ultra-low power consumption
- Fast power-up and power-down modes
- Deep sleep power saving modes
- Tx power amplifier protection
- Rx gain control
- IQ imbalance and LO feed-through correction
- JESD204B or JESD204C system interface
- Up to 8 JESD204 Tx lanes
- Up to 8 JESD204 Rx lanes
- Embedded CPU for control, calibration, and status reporting
- SPI control interface
- GPIO for fast control and status reporting
- JTAG boundary scan including support for AC-coupled differential SERDES interfaces
- 1.8V, 1.2V, 0.8V, and 0.76V power supplies
- 15 x 15mm, 324 balls, 0.8mm pitch FCBGA package with exposed die
- 2G/3G/4G/5G Macro-cell radios
- Massive MIMO radios
- Small cell radios
- Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS)
Documentation & Design Tools
|Product Briefs||MxL1600 Product Brief||R01||February 2022||133.4 KB|
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.