|Information||2.5G Ethernet PHY (4 port), USXGMII-M|
|X x Y Package Dimension (mm)||12 x 12|
|Supply Voltage (V)|
|Ethernet Bandwidth (Mbps)||10, 100, 1000, 2500|
The device supports the 2.5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te modes of the IEEE802.3 standard and provides great interoperability for high data rate connections as well as for connections to legacy 1000BASE-T, 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-T devices.
The SGMII+/SGMII and USXGMII interfaces support 10M, 100M, 1G and 2.5Gbit/s rates or a fixed rate of 2.5Gbit/s with IEEE802.3x rate adaptation using pause frames.
GPY241 has a typical power consumption of 1W per port in 2.5GBASE-T mode. For reduced power consumption during periods of low traffic, Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) is supported for 2.5GBASE-T, 1000BASE-T and 100BASE-TX. Additional power saving can be achieved by using the Wake-on-LAN (WoL) functionality.
GPY241 is packaged in a small 12 x 12mm FC-BGA-256, ideal for 4-layer PCBs. The low EMI line driver with integrated termination simplifies the PCB design. The device requires 2 power supply rails when using SGMII+ as the MAC interface and 3 power supply rails (3.3V, 1.8V and core) when using USXGMII. It is configurable through pin strapping, MDIO interface, or an optional external flash memory.
- Support of IEEE802.3 2.5GBASE-T and 1000BASE-T full-duplex and 100BASE-TX and 10BASE-Te full and half-duplex modes
- Commercial temperature range (0°C to 70°C)
- MAC interface: Four channel SGMII+/SGMII or single channel USXGMII-4×2.5G. SGMII+ is a Serial-GMII (SGMII) interface clocked with 3.125Gbaud/s to support a data rate of 2.5Gbit/s
- Rate adaptation for SGMII+/SGMII and USXGMII using IEEE802.3x flow control
- Preamble alignment: Shortened 7 byte preamble received over SGMII+/SGMII is restored to 8 byte
- Two power rails for use with SGMII+ (3.3V and core) and three power rails for use with USXGMII (3.3V, 1.8V and core)
- FC-BGA-256 package (12 x 12mm)
- Typical power consumption of 1W per port in 2.5GBASE-T mode
- Precise time stamping support according to IEEE1588 Version 2
- Control of up to 12 LEDs with smart LED brightness control for link status display
- Smart-AZ feature, which supports Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE, IEEE802.3az) with MACs that do not support EEE
- Field firmware upgrade capability with external optional flash memory
- Programmable temperature sensor to monitor the device temperature for system warning and down speed
- Support of Jumbo frames of up to 10kB
- Cable diagnostics
- Auto down speed for Cat3 (four wires) or bad cable
- Auto MDI/MDI-X and auto polarity correction
- Broadband router: xPON, wireless, 4G/5G, G.Fast, G.hn, cable, xDSL
- Home gateway: wireless gateway, home server, home storage (NAS)
- High port and low port count 2.5GbE switch
- Dual-band dual-concurrent 802.11ac/ax enterprise access point
Documentation & Design Tools
|Product Flyers||GPY24x 2.5G Ethernet PHYs Flyer||00||October 2020||1012.9 KB|
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Product ID (MMID)||Pkg Code||Packaging Type||Min Temp||Max Temp||Notes||Status||Suggested Replacement||Buy Now|
|GPY241A1BC||999X55||BGA-236||Tape & Reel||0||70||FW0x8959||NRND|
|GPY241B0BC||999X65||BGA-236||Tape & Reel||0||70||FW0x8B83||Active|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.