The XRT86VX38A is an eight-channel 1.544 Mbit/s or 2.048 Mbit/s DS1/E1/J1 framer and Long-haul/Shorthual LIU integrated solution featuring R3 technology (Relayless, Reconfigurable, Redundancy) and BITS Timing element. The physical interface is optimized with internal impedance, and with the patented pad structure, the XRT86VX38A provides protection from power failures and hot swapping.
The XRT86VX38A contains an integrated DS1/E1/J1 framer and LIU which provide DS1/E1/J1 framing and error accumulation in accordance with ANSI/ITU_T specifications. Each framer has its own framing synchronizer and transmit-receive slip buffers. The slip buffers can be independently enabled or disabled as required and can be configured to frame to the common DS1/E1/J1 signal formats.
Each Framer block contains its own Transmit and Receive T1/E1/J1 Framing function. There are 3 Transmit HDLC controllers per channel which encapsulate contents of the Transmit HDLC buffers into LAPD Message frames. There are 3 Receive HDLC controllers per channel which extract the payload content of Receive LAPD Message frames from the incoming T1/E1/J1 data stream and write the contents into the Receive HDLC buffers. Each framer also contains a Transmit and Overhead Data Input port, which permits Data Link Terminal Equipment direct access to the outbound T1/E1/J1 frames. Likewise, a Receive Overhead output data port permits Data Link Terminal Equipment direct access to the Data Link bits of the inbound T1/E1/J1 frames.
The XRT86VX38A fully meets all of the latest T1/E1/J1 specifications: ANSI T1/E1.107-1988, ANSI T1/E1.403-1995, ANSI T1/E1.231-1993, ANSI T1/ E1.408-1990, AT&T TR 62411 (12-90) TR54016, and ITU G-703, G.704, G706 and G.733, AT&T Pub. 43801, and ETS 300 011, 300 233, JT G.703, JT G.704, JT G706, I.431. Extensive test and diagnostic functions include Loop-backs, Boundary scan, Pseudo Random bit sequence (PRBS) test pattern generation, Performance Monitor, Bit Error Rate (BER) meter, forced error insertion, and LAPD unchannelized data payload processing according to ITU-T standard Q.921.
- Backwards compatible to the XRT86VX38
- Supports Section 13 - Synchronization Interface (BITS timing) in ITU G.703 for both Tx and Rx Paths
- Supports SSM Synchronous Messaging Generation (BOC for T1, National Bits for E1) on the Transmit Path
- Supports SSM Synchronous Messaging Extraction (BOC for T1, National Bits for E1) on the Receive Path
- Supports a Customized Section 13 - Synchronization Interface in G.703 at 1.544MHz
- BITS functionality (generation and extraction) can be enabled by channel or globally - New Feature
- DS-0 Monitoring on both Transmit and Receive Time Slots
- Supports SSM Synchronization Messaging per ANSI T1.101-1999 and ITU G.704
- Independent, full duplex DS1 Tx and Rx Framer/LIUs
- Each channel has full featured Long-haul/Short-haul LIU
- Two 512-bit (two-frame) elastic store, PCM frame slip buffers (FIFO) on TX and Rx provide up to 8.192 MHz asynchronous back plane connections with jitter and wander attenuation
- Supports input PCM and signaling data at 1.544, 2.048, 4.096 and 8.192 Mbits. Also supports 2-channel multiplexed 12.352/16.384 (HMVIP/H.100) Mbit/s on the back plane bus
- Programmable output clocks for Fractional T1/E1/J1
- Supports Channel Associated Signaling (CAS) and Common Channel Signaling (CCS)
- Supports ISDN Primary Rate Interface (ISDN PRI) signaling
- Extracts and inserts robbed bit signaling (RBS)
- 3 Integrated HDLC controllers for Tx and Rx, each controller having two 96-byte buffers (buffer 0 / buffer 1)
- 3 Full SS7 Controllers per channel that implement hardware based transmission and reception of FISUs, LSSUs and MSUs to ease the software implementation of SS7 signaling.- New Feature
- Timeslot assignable HDLC
- V5.1 or V5.2 Interface
- Automatic Performance Report Generation (PMON Status) can be inserted into the transmit LAPD interface every 1 second or for a single transmission
- Supports SPRM and NPRM
- Alarm Indication Signal with Customer Installation signature (AIS-CI) - Hardware Enhancement
- Remote Alarm Indication with Customer Installation (RAI-CI) - Hardware Enhancement
- Simultaneous RAI-CI and AIS-CI monitoring - New Feature
- Gapped Clock interface mode for Transmit and Receive.
- Supports RxCLK clock squelch upon LOS - New Feature
- Intel/Motorola and Power PC interfaces for configuration, control and status monitoring
- Parallel search algorithm for fast frame synchronization
- Wide choice of T1 framing structures: SF/D4, ESF, SLCR96, T1DM and N-Frame (non-signaling)
- Direct access to D and E channels for fast transmission of data link information
- Full BERT (supports TR-25) Controller for generation and detection on system and line side of the chip
- PRBS, QRSS, and Network Loop Code generation and detection
- Seven Independent, simultaneous Loop Code Detectors per Channel
- Programmable Interrupt output pin
- Supports programmed I/O and DMA modes of Read-Write access
- Detects and forces Red (SAI), Yellow (RAI) and Blue (AIS) Alarms
- Detects OOF, LOF, LOS errors and COFA conditions
- Loopbacks: Local (LLB) and Line remote (LB)
- Facilitates Inverse Multiplexing for ATM
- Performance monitor with one second polling
- Boundary scan (
- High-Density T1/E1/J1 interfaces for Multiplexers, Switches, LAN Routers and Digital Modems
- SONET/SDH terminal or Add/Drop multiplexers (ADMs)
- T1/E1/J1 add/drop multiplexers (MUX)
- Channel Service Units (CSUs): T1/E1/J1 and Fractional T1/E1/J1
- BITS Timing
- Digital Access Cross-connect System (DACs)
- Digital Cross-connect Systems (DCS)
- Frame Relay Switches and Access Devices (FRADS)
- ISDN Primary Rate Interfaces (PRA)
- PBXs and PCM channel bank
- T3 channelized access concentrators and M13 MUX
- Wireless base stations
- ATM equipment with integrated DS1 interfaces
- Multichannel DS1 Test Equipment
- T1/E1/J1 Performance Monitoring
- Voice over packet gateways
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Buy Now||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
Quality & Environmental Data
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
|XRT86VX38AIB256-F||N||Y||Y||Y||L4 / 245ᵒC||fpBGA256|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this example, we looked for XRA1201. Click on part number header or on the link at the bottom of the result. This brings you to the product page. For example:
Click on Parts & Purchasing, highlighted with the blue arrow above. The screen changes to:
Notice the status column and the “Show obsolete parts” link. A legend tells you the definition of the different statuses. Click on the “Show obsolete parts” link to see EOL or OBS part numbers along with the Active part numbers, the legend still present:
Another method to find out if a part is OBS or EOL is to click on SUPPORT at the top:
And then Product Change Notifications:
Type the part into the search, and click on one of the part numbers from the drop down menu. Then you can look for the Product Discontinuation Notice, which generally is at the top of the list, for example:
If you see this, it tells you that this particular orderable part has been discontinued and when the last order date is, or was. If you click on the file, then you can view the notice we sent about this if you purchased the part in the recent past. It may also advise of a replacement part. When an orderable part first becomes discontinued, Product Discontinuation Notices are sent are sent to those who have purchased the parts in the recent past, if purchased directly, with a dated opportunity to place a last order.