|# of Channels||16|
|Temperature Range (°C)||Ind.|
|Op Pwr Sup/Max Cur||3.3V/1.8V with 5V tolerant|
The XRT83VSH316 is a fully integrated 16-channel short-haul line interface unit (LIU) that operates from a 1.8V Inner Core and 3.3V I/O power supplies. Using internal termination, the LIU provides one bill of materials to operate in T1, E1, or J1 mode independently on a per channel basis with minimum external components. The LIU features are programmed through a standard parallel microprocessor interface or SPI (Serial Mode). EXAR's LIU has patented high impedance circuits that allow the transmitter outputs and receiver inputs to be high impedance when experiencing a power failure or when the LIU is powered off. Key design features within the LIU optimize 1:1 or 1+1 redundancy and non-intrusive monitoring applications to ensure reliability without using relays.
The on-chip clock synthesizer generates T1/E1/J1 clock rates from a selectable external clock frequency and has five output clock references that can be used for external timing (8kHz, 1.544Mhz, 2.048Mhz, nxT1/J1, nxE1). Additional features include System Side LOS, AIS, QRSS/PRBS and Line Side RLOS, AIS, QRSS/ PRBS, DMO with 16-bit LCV counters and diagnostic loopback modes for each channel.
- Fully integrated 16-Channel short haul transceivers for T1/J1 (1.544MHz) and E1 (2.048MHz) applications
- Parallel or SPI Microprocessor Interface
- T1/E1/J1 short haul and clock rate are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Internal Impedance matching on both receive and transmit for 75Ω (E1), 100Ω (T1), 110Ω (J1), and 120Ω (E1) applications are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Power down on a per channel basis with independent receive and transmit selection
- Five pre-programmed transmit pulse settings for T1 short haul applications per channel
- User programable Arbitrary Pulse mode for T1 and E1
- On-Chip transmit short-circuit protection and limiting protects line drivers from damage on a per channel basis
- Crystal-Less digital jitter attenuators (JA) with 32-Bit or 64-Bit FIFO for the receive or transmit path per channel
- Driver failure monitor output (DMO) alerts of possible system or external component problems
- Transmit outputs and receive inputs may be High impedance for protection or redundancy applications on a per channel basis
- Support for automatic protection switching
- 1:1 and 1+1 protection without relays
- Receive monitor mode handles 0 to 6dB resistive attenuation (flat loss) along with 0 to 6dB cable loss for both T1 and E1
- Loss of signal (LOS) according to ITU-T G.775/ETS300233 (E1) and ANSI T1.403 (T1/J1) for system (SLOS) and line (RLOS) side diagnostics
- Programmable data stream muting upon RLOS detection
- On-Chip HDB3/B8ZS encoder/decoder with an internal 16-bit LCV counter for each channel
- On-Chip digital clock recovery circuit for high input jitter tolerance
- QRSS/PRBS pattern generator and detection for testing and monitoring for system (SPRBS) and line (PRBS) side diagnostics
- Error and bipolar violation insertion and detection
- Transmit all ones (TAOS) Generators and Detectors for system (SAIS) and line (AIS) side diagnostics
- Supports local analog, remote, digital, and dual loopback modes
- Supports gapped clocks for mapper/multiplexer applications
- 1.8V Digital Core
- 3.3V I/O and Analog Core
- 316-Pin STBGA package
- -40°C to +85°C Temperature Range
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered
- T1 Digital Cross Connects (DSX-1)
- ISDN Primary Rate Interface
- CSU/DSU E1/T1/J1 Interface
- T1/E1/J1 LAN/WAN Routers
- Public Switching Systems and PBX Interfaces
- T1/E1/J1 Multiplexer and Channel Banks
- Integrated Multi-Service Access Platforms (IMAPs)
- Integrated Access Devices (IADs)
- Inverse Multiplexing for ATM (IMA)
- Wireless Base Stations
Documentation & Design Tools
|Data Sheets||XRT83VSH316 16-Channel T1/E1/J1 Short-Haul Line Interface Unit||1.0.3||September 2017||4.9 MB|
|Application Notes||TAN-200, MaxLinear APIs - OS Portability||1.0.0||August 2007||88.5 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-058, DS-1/E1 GR-1089 Surge Protection||1.0.1||September 2006||69.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-059, DS-1/E1 Line Recovered Clock PLL Timing||1.0.0||July 2006||23.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-057, DS1/E1 Layout Recommendations||1.0.0||June 2006||30 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-067, R3 Technology For T/E Carrier Redundancy Applications||1.0.0||April 2004||203.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-053, Line Card Redundancy Design With the XRT83SL38 T1/E1 SH/LH LIU ICs||1.3.0||November 2003||158.1 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-056, High Impedance Drivers During Power Failure Using XRT83SL3X/L3X LIU||1.0.0||November 2003||75.1 KB|
|Product Flyers||16-Channel T1/E1/J1 Short-Haul Line Interface Unit||1.0.0||July 2007||334.2 KB|
|Schematics & Design Files||Schematic||0||May 2007||128.3 KB|
Quality & RoHS
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Suggested Replacement||PDN|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.
Find the product page of the part that you want to get an evaluation board for and click on Parts & Purchasing. Example:
Find the icons under Buy Now or Order Samples:
Click on the Buy Now icon and see who has stock and click on the Buy button:
Alternatively, you can click on the Order Samples
If the icons are missing, then contact Customer Support.