The XRT83VSH38 is a fully integrated 8-channel short-haul line interface unit (LIU) that operates from a 1.8V and a 3.3V power supply. Using internal termination, the LIU provides one bill of materials to operate in T1, E1, or J1 mode with minimum external components. The LIU features are programmed through a standard parallel or serial microprocessor interface. EXAR's LIU has patented high impedance circuits that allow the transmitter outputs and receiver inputs to be high impedance when experiencing a power failure or when the LIU is powered off. Key design features within the LIU optimize 1:1 or 1+1 redundancy and non-intrusive monitoring applications to ensure reliability without using relays.
The on-chip clock synthesizer generates T1/E1/J1 clock rates from a selectable external clock frequency and outputs a clock reference of the line rate chosen.
Additional features include RLOS, a 16-bit LCV counter for each channel, AIS, QRSS generation/detection, TAOS, DMO, and diagnostic loopback modes.
- Fully integrated eight channel short-haul transceivers for T1/J1 (1.544MHz) and E1 (2.048MHz) applications
- T1/E1/J1 short haul and clock rate are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Internal Impedance matching on both receive and transmit for 75Ω (E1), 100Ω (T1), 110Ω (J1), and 120Ω (E1) applications are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Power down on a per channel basis with independent receive and transmit selection
- Five pre-programmed transmit pulse settings for T1 short haul applications per channel
- User programable Arbitrary Pulse mode
- On-Chip transmit short-circuit protection and limiting protects line drivers from damage on a per channel basis
- Selectable Crystal-Less digital jitter attenuators (JA) with 32-Bit or 64-Bit FIFO for the receive or transmit path
- Driver failure monitor output (DMO) alerts of possible system or external component problems
- Transmit outputs and receive inputs may be "High" impedance for protection or redundancy applications on a per channel basis
- Support for automatic protection switching
- 1:1 and 1+1 protection without relays
- Receive monitor mode handles 0 to 6dB resistive attenuation (flat loss) along with 0 to 6dB cable loss for both T1 and E1
- Loss of signal (RLOS) according to ITU-T G.775/ETS300233 (E1) and ANSI T1.403 (T1/J1)
- Programmable data stream muting upon RLOS detection
- On-Chip HDB3/B8ZS encoder/decoder with an internal 16-bit LCV counter for each channel
- On-Chip digital clock recovery circuit for high input jitter tolerance
- QRSS/PRBS pattern generator and detection for testing and monitoring
- Error and bipolar violation insertion and detection
- Transmit all ones (TAOS) Generators and Detectors
- Supports local analog, remote, digital, and dual loopback modes
- Supports gapped clocks for mapper/multiplexer applications
- 1.8V Digital Inner Core
- 3.3V I/O Supply and Analog Inner Core
- 225 ball BGA package
- -40°C to +85°C Temperature Range
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered
- TAN-056, High Impedance Drivers During Power Failure Using XRT83SL3X/L3X LIU
- TAN-067, R3 Technology For T/E Carrier Redundancy Applications
- TAN-058, DS-1/E1 GR-1089 Surge Protection
- TAN-057, DS1/E1 Layout Recommendations
- TAN-059, DS-1/E1 Line Recovered Clock PLL Timing
- TAN-200, Exar APIs - OS Portability
- T1 Digital Cross-Connects (DSX-1)
- ISDN Primary Rate Interface
- CSU/DSU E1/T1/J1 Interface
- T1/E1/J1 LAN/WAN Routers
- Public switching Systems and PBX Interfaces
- T1/E1/J1 Multiplexer and Channel Banks
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Buy Now||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
Quality & Environmental Data
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
|XRT83VSH38IB-F||N||Y||Y||Y||L4 / 245ᵒC||PBGA225|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this example, we looked for XRA1201. Click on part number header or on the link at the bottom of the result. This brings you to the product page. For example:
Click on Parts & Purchasing, highlighted with the blue arrow above. The screen changes to:
Notice the status column and the “Show obsolete parts” link. A legend tells you the definition of the different statuses. Click on the “Show obsolete parts” link to see EOL or OBS part numbers along with the Active part numbers, the legend still present:
Another method to find out if a part is OBS or EOL is to click on SUPPORT at the top:
And then Product Change Notifications:
Type the part into the search, and click on one of the part numbers from the drop down menu. Then you can look for the Product Discontinuation Notice, which generally is at the top of the list, for example:
If you see this, it tells you that this particular orderable part has been discontinued and when the last order date is, or was. If you click on the file, then you can view the notice we sent about this if you purchased the part in the recent past. It may also advise of a replacement part. When an orderable part first becomes discontinued, Product Discontinuation Notices are sent are sent to those who have purchased the parts in the recent past, if purchased directly, with a dated opportunity to place a last order.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question