|Information||8-Channel T1/E1/J1 Short-Haul Line Interface Unit|
|Temperature Range (°C)||Ind.|
|# of Channels||8|
|Op Pwr Sup/Max Cur||3.3V ±5%, TBD|
The XRT83VSH38 is a fully integrated 8-channel short-haul line interface unit (LIU) that operates from a 1.8V and a 3.3V power supply. Using internal termination, the LIU provides one bill of materials to operate in T1, E1, or J1 mode with minimum external components. The LIU features are programmed through a standard parallel or serial microprocessor interface. EXAR's LIU has patented high impedance circuits that allow the transmitter outputs and receiver inputs to be high impedance when experiencing a power failure or when the LIU is powered off. Key design features within the LIU optimize 1:1 or 1+1 redundancy and non-intrusive monitoring applications to ensure reliability without using relays.
The on-chip clock synthesizer generates T1/E1/J1 clock rates from a selectable external clock frequency and outputs a clock reference of the line rate chosen.
Additional features include RLOS, a 16-bit LCV counter for each channel, AIS, QRSS generation/detection, TAOS, DMO, and diagnostic loopback modes.
- Fully integrated eight channel short-haul transceivers for T1/J1 (1.544MHz) and E1 (2.048MHz) applications
- T1/E1/J1 short haul and clock rate are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Internal Impedance matching on both receive and transmit for 75Ω (E1), 100Ω (T1), 110Ω (J1), and 120Ω (E1) applications are per port selectable through software without changing components
- Power down on a per channel basis with independent receive and transmit selection
- Five pre-programmed transmit pulse settings for T1 short haul applications per channel
- User programable Arbitrary Pulse mode
- On-Chip transmit short-circuit protection and limiting protects line drivers from damage on a per channel basis
- Selectable Crystal-Less digital jitter attenuators (JA) with 32-Bit or 64-Bit FIFO for the receive or transmit path
- Driver failure monitor output (DMO) alerts of possible system or external component problems
- Transmit outputs and receive inputs may be "High" impedance for protection or redundancy applications on a per channel basis
- Support for automatic protection switching
- 1:1 and 1+1 protection without relays
- Receive monitor mode handles 0 to 6dB resistive attenuation (flat loss) along with 0 to 6dB cable loss for both T1 and E1
- Loss of signal (RLOS) according to ITU-T G.775/ETS300233 (E1) and ANSI T1.403 (T1/J1)
- Programmable data stream muting upon RLOS detection
- On-Chip HDB3/B8ZS encoder/decoder with an internal 16-bit LCV counter for each channel
- On-Chip digital clock recovery circuit for high input jitter tolerance
- QRSS/PRBS pattern generator and detection for testing and monitoring
- Error and bipolar violation insertion and detection
- Transmit all ones (TAOS) Generators and Detectors
- Supports local analog, remote, digital, and dual loopback modes
- Supports gapped clocks for mapper/multiplexer applications
- 1.8V Digital Inner Core
- 3.3V I/O Supply and Analog Inner Core
- 225 ball BGA package
- -40°C to +85°C Temperature Range
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered
- T1 Digital Cross-Connects (DSX-1)
- ISDN Primary Rate Interface
- CSU/DSU E1/T1/J1 Interface
- T1/E1/J1 LAN/WAN Routers
- Public switching Systems and PBX Interfaces
- T1/E1/J1 Multiplexer and Channel Banks
Documentation & Design Tools
|Application Notes||TAN-200, MaxLinear APIs - OS Portability||1.0.0||August 2007||88.5 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-058, DS-1/E1 GR-1089 Surge Protection||1.0.1||September 2006||69.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-059, DS-1/E1 Line Recovered Clock PLL Timing||1.0.0||July 2006||23.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-057, DS1/E1 Layout Recommendations||1.0.0||June 2006||30 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-067, R3 Technology For T/E Carrier Redundancy Applications||1.0.0||April 2004||203.4 KB|
|Application Notes||TAN-056, High Impedance Drivers During Power Failure Using XRT83SL3X/L3X LIU||1.0.0||November 2003||75.1 KB|
|Schematics & Design Files||Schematic||A||August 2010||72.6 KB|
|Schematics & Design Files||USB Schematic||0||July 2005||89 KB|
Quality & RoHS
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Suggested Replacement||PDN|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.