|Information||Codirectional Digital Data Processor|
|# of Channels||1|
|Data Rate(s)||64Kbps, E1|
|Op Pwr Sup/Max Cur||5V ±10%, 2mA|
The XRT6166 is a CMOS device which contains the digital circuitry necessary to interface both directions of a 64kbps data stream to 2.048Mbps transmit and receive PCM time-slots. The XRT6166 and the companion XRT6164 line interface chip together form a CCITT G.703 compliant 64Kbps codirectional interface.
The XRT6166 contains separate transmit and receive sections. The transmitter transforms 8-bit serial data from a 2.048Mbps time-slot into an encoded 64Kbps data stream. The receiver, which performs the reverse operation, decodes the 64kbps data, extracts a clock signal, and then outputs the data to a 2.048Mbps time-slot. The XRT6166 provides features which allow the repetitions and deletions of both received and transmitted data as clock skews and transients occur. These slip occurrences are indicated by byte insertion and deletion flags. Outputs are also provided for extracted receive clock and clock recovery circuit loss of lock.
- Low Power CMOS Technology
- All Receiver and Transmitter Inputs and Outputs are TTL-Compatible
- Transmitter Inhibits Bipolar Violation Insertion for Transmission of Alarm Conditions
- Alarm Output Indicates Loss of Received Bipolar Violations
- Tolerance of 125ms Variance of Data Transfer Timing in Both Transmit and Receive Paths Allows Operation in Plesiochronous Networks
- Both Receiver and Transmitter Perform Byte Insertion or Deletion in Response to Local Clock Slips and Provide Outputs Indicating Slip Logic Activity
- Pb-Free, RoHS Compliant Versions Offered
- CCITT G.703 Compliant 64kbps Codirectional Interface
- Performs the Digital and Analog Functions for a Complete 64Kbps Data Adaption Unit (DAU) When Used With the XR-T6164
Documentation & Design Tools
|User Guides & Manuals||Evaluation System User Manual||2.0.0||December 1996||1.5 MB|
|Product Brochures||Interface Brochure||October 2019||1.3 MB|
Quality & RoHS
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||TSCA||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Suggested Replacement||PDN|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.