MaxLinear takes our common stewardship of the environment seriously. We believe human activities are causing climate change, and that we, and global society, must do our part to reduce our greenhouse gas emissions and to limit the global temperature increase to 1.5ºC as called for in the Paris Agreement.
We aim to reduce our global environmental footprint with the following objectives:
- Designing and delivering products to our customers’ specifications which continue to improve energy efficiency and thermal performance
- Reducing emissions by tracking, monitoring, and reducing emissions in our business and our supply chain, minimizing waste and promoting recycling of reusable materials.
Designing and Delivering Energy Efficient Products
We are committed to designing and delivering products that contribute to improvements in energy efficiency and thermal performance by the end products in which they are incorporated. The following are key steps we have identified in the design, development and delivery of our products to customers to meet our objective:
- Pioneer research and development activities to achieve amplified data signal processing functionality, while maximizing power reduction and thermal performance;
- Identify opportunities in design of products with customers for improvement in power consumption and simplification of thermal designs;
- Leverage our multi-system applications to develop additional innovations to minimize idle-mode energy usage and ration power in an application/system-based on functional utilization; and
- Conduct product life cycle assessments to identify areas for reduction of power consumption.
Reducing Emissions in our Business and Supply Chain
As a fabless semiconductor design company, we do not manufacture our products, and therefore our environmental footprint depends in large part on the practices of our key foundry partners and other suppliers. We are committed to reducing our emissions in our business operations and supply chain, as follows:
- Assess our climate risks and opportunities and impact on our operations;
- Improve collaboration with our key foundry and other partners to reduce emissions and waste in production of our products, requesting supplier reporting of environmental emissions and setting science-based targets and adherence to our environmental policy;
- Select and maintain key suppliers that have made a public commitment to integrate sustainability and sensitivity to environmental impact into their manufacturing products and have developed an environmental management system certified under ISO 14001;
- Improve tracking, monitoring and reduction of emissions and waste in our business operations, including:
- auditing and continually improving energy efficiency of our facilities via retrofits, upgrading obsolete to energy efficient equipment and fixtures, and automation;
- increasing reliance on renewable energy;
- minimizing business travel and encouraging use of greener transportation for logistics and commuting where available, including hybrid work arrangements and increasing EV charging stations;
- replacing single-use products with reusable and eco-friendly products;
- implement recycling programs to divert waste from landfill; and
- identify and implement power and water conservation initiatives in our facilities;
- Engage and train employees in environmental efforts to help meet our objectives, and encourage participation in office-sponsored environmental volunteerism and clean up days; and
- Report on progress on an annual basis to our key stakeholders.