|Quad Channel Digital Programmable Power Management System with Selectable DrMOS Output
|# of Outputs
|VIN MIN (V)
|VIN MAX (V)
|VOUT MIN (V)
|VOUT MAX (V)
|Set Point Resolution (mV)
|Gate Drive Pull Up/Down
|4ohm / 2ohm
|Programmable Frequency Range (MHz)
|0.1 to 1.2
|17 bit DPWM/DPFM
|Junction Temp Range (°C)
|-40 to 125
|DrMOS Support, Expanded GPIO Options
|XR7724 upgrade with the ability to drive MOSFETs and DrMOS
The XR77128 is a quad channel Digital Pulse Width Modulated (DPWM) step-down (buck) controller. A wide 4.75V to 25V input voltage range allows for single supply operation from standard power rails.
With integrated FET gate drivers, two LDOs for standby power and a 105kHz to 1.23MHz independent channel-to-channel programmable constant operating frequency, the XR77128 reduces overall component count and solution footprint and optimizes conversion efficiencies. A selectable digital Pulse Frequency Mode (DPFM) capable of better than 80% efficiency at light current load and low operating current allow for portable and Energy Star compliant applications. Each XR77128 output channel is individually programmable as low as 0.6V with a resolution as fine as 2.5mV and configurable for precise soft-start and soft-stop sequencing, including delay and ramp control.
The XR77128 operation is fully controlled via a SMBus-compliant I2C interface allowing for advanced local and/or remote reconfiguration, full performance monitoring and reporting as well as fault handling.
Built-in independent output overvoltage, over temperature, overcurrent and undervoltage lockout protections insure safe operation under abnormal operating conditions.
The XR77128 is offered in a RoHS compliant, "green"/halogen free 44-pin TQFN package.
- Quad channel step-down controller
- Digital PWM 105kHz to1.23MHz operation
- Individual channel frequency selection
- Patented digital PFM with ultrasonic mode
- Patented oversampling feedback
- Pin compatible to XRP7724 with added features
- Selectable DrMOS drive capability
- Additional GPIO configurability
- Current limit fault options
- Additional conditional fault options
- Improved output voltage accuracy
- 4.75V to 25V input voltage
- 4.75V to 5.5V and 5.5V to 25V input ranges
- 0.6V to 5.5V output voltage
- SMBus compliant - I2C interface
- Full monitoring and reporting
- 3 x 15V capable PSIO + 2 x GPIOs
- Full start/stop sequencing support
- Built-in thermal, overcurrent, UVLO and output overvoltage protections
- Onboard 5V and 3.3V standby LDOs
- Onboard non-volatile memory
- Evaluation Board, Demo Kit and Configuration Module (XCM) are available for evaluation and development purposes only
- Supported by PowerArchitect™ Design and Configuration Software
- Third-Party Programming Support
- Automotive infotainment
- Industrial control systems
- Audio systems
- Automatic test equipment
- Video surveillance systems
Documentation & Design Tools
|XR77128 Quad Output Digital PWM/PFM Universal PMIC
|AN200, Downloading and Installing CAD Symbols and Footprints with Ultra Librarian
|User Guides & Manuals
|XRP77xxEVB-XCM-V62 (Configuration Module)
|User Guides & Manuals
|XR77128 Evaluation Board Manual
|Power Management Brochure
|Symbols & Footprints
|XR77128ELB-F CAD File (.bxl)
Quality & RoHS
|RoHS | Exempt
|MSL Rating / Peak Reflow
|L3 / 260ᵒC
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Parts & Purchasing
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.
Find the product page of the part that you want to get an evaluation board for and click on Parts & Purchasing. Example:
Find the icons under Buy Now or Order Samples:
Click on the Buy Now icon and see who has stock and click on the Buy button:
Alternatively, you can click on the Order Samples
If the icons are missing, then contact Customer Support.