The XRP7704 is a quad-output Pulse Width Modulated (PWM) step-down DC-DC controller with a built in LDO for standby power and GPIOs. The device provides a complete power management solution in one IC and is fully programmable via the included I2C serial interface. Independent Digital Pulse Width Modulator (DPWM) channels regulate output voltages and provide all required protection functions such as current limiting and overvoltage protection.
Each output voltage can be programmed from 0.9V to 5.1V without the need of an external voltage divider. The wide range of the programmable DPWM switching frequency (from 300 KHz to 1.5 MHz) enables the user to optimize between efficiency and component size. Input voltage range is from 6.5V to 20V.
I2C bus interface is provided to program the IC as well as to communicate with the host for fault reporting and handling, power rail parameters monitoring, etc.
The device offers a complete solution for soft-start and soft-stop. The start up delay and ramp of each PWM regulator can be independently controlled. The device can start up a pre-biased PWM channel without causing large negative inductor current.
The Exar Configuration Model XR77xxEVB-XCM-V80 interface board provides designers with a simple, quick and inexpensive means of evaluating and prototyping new designs using Programmable Universal PMIC devices with PowerArchitect4. This Evaluation Board is designed only for low volume engineering purposes; not production volumes. For production requirements commercial programmers must be used. The Evaluation Board is provided “as is and whereas” and without any warranty as to results, merchantability or purpose. Exar is not responsible for misuse of the Evaluation Board.
- Four switching buck (step-down) controllers each with internal FET drivers
- 6.5V to 20V input voltage range – no additional voltage rails required
- Output voltages programmable from 0.9V to 5.1V
- Up to 6 reconfigurable GPIO pins
- Fully programmable via I2C interface
- Independent Digital Pulse Width Modulator (DPWM) channels with five coefficient PID control
- High integration: elimination of external circuits and components required for compensation, parameter adjustment and interface
- Programmable DPWM frequency range (300 kHz to 1.5 MHz) enables efficiency and component size optimization
- Complete power monitoring and reporting
- Independently controlled start up delay and ramp for each regulator, including soft-start with a pre-biased load voltage
- Independently controlled soft-stop delay and ramp for each regulator with a programmable stop voltage
- Over temperature protection (OTP) and undervoltage lockout (UVLO); per-channel overcurrent protection (OCP) and overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Built-in LDO (configurable to 3.3V or 5V) with overcurrent protection
- Non-volatile memory for system configuration
- Configuration Module (XCM) available for evaluation and development purposes only
- PowerArchitect™ Design and Configuration Software
- Third-Party Programming Support
- ANP-31, PowerXR Configuration and Programming
- ANP-32, Practical Layout Guidelines for PowerXR Designs
- ANP-35, XRP77XX: Extending the MOSFET Gate Drive Conductors
- ANP-37, PowerXR EMI Reduction Technique Utilizing Spread-Spectrum Clock Dithering
- Downloading and Installing CAD Symbols and Footprints with Ultra Librarian
- Computing: servers, storage systems
- Consumer: Set-top Box (STB), game systems
- Industrial: ATE, DC-DC converters, video processing
- Plasma Display Panel (PDP)
- Networking and telecommunications equipment
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Buy Now||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
Quality & Environmental Data
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
|XRP7704ILBTR-F||N||Y||Y||Y||L3 / 260ᵒC||TQFN40 6x6|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Frequently Asked Questions
In this example, we looked for XRA1201. Click on part number header or on the link at the bottom of the result. This brings you to the product page. For example:
Click on Parts & Purchasing, highlighted with the blue arrow above. The screen changes to:
Notice the status column and the “Show obsolete parts” link. A legend tells you the definition of the different statuses. Click on the “Show obsolete parts” link to see EOL or OBS part numbers along with the Active part numbers, the legend still present:
Another method to find out if a part is OBS or EOL is to click on SUPPORT at the top:
And then Product Change Notifications:
Type the part into the search, and click on one of the part numbers from the drop down menu. Then you can look for the Product Discontinuation Notice, which generally is at the top of the list, for example:
If you see this, it tells you that this particular orderable part has been discontinued and when the last order date is, or was. If you click on the file, then you can view the notice we sent about this if you purchased the part in the recent past. It may also advise of a replacement part. When an orderable part first becomes discontinued, Product Discontinuation Notices are sent are sent to those who have purchased the parts in the recent past, if purchased directly, with a dated opportunity to place a last order.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question