|DPWM/DPFM Programmable Power Management
|# of Outputs
|VIN MIN (V)
|VIN MAX (V)
|VOUT MIN (V)
|VOUT MAX (V)
|Set Point Resolution (mV)
|Gate Drive Pull Up/Down
|4ohm / 2ohm
|Programmable Frequency Range (MHz)
|0.1 to 1.2
|17 bit DPWM/DPFM
|Junction Temp Range (°C)
|-40 to 125
|I2C SMBus Compliant
The XRP7724 is a breakthrough digital PWM/PFM quad output programmable power management system. The XRP7724 is the first digital controller that can be considered for portable or other power sensitive applications due to the significant reduction in operating current. Patented technology allows transient performance equivalent to the fastest comparator based analog technologies ensuring output capacitor size is kept to a minimum. Also included are 3 PSIOs (Power Switch IO) for driving load disconnect MOSFETs, providing another level of power management functionality.
The XRP7724 is ready for the next generation of FPGAs and processors using advanced energy management voltage control by providing output voltage resolution programming as fine as 2.5mV. Each output voltage can be programmed from 0.6V to 5.1V without the need for any external components. The device offers a complete sequencing solution for each buck converter output. Switching frequency is 100kHz to 1.2MHz with the ability to set each channel independently, a useful feature for 2 stage conversion. The wide programmable range of DPWM switching frequency allows for optimization of efficiency and component size.
An SMBus compliant I²C interface is provided to program the device and facilitate communication with the host for: fault reporting and handling, monitoring, voltage repositioning and setting other programmable features.
- Four DPWM/DPFM switching buck controllers with
internal FET drivers
- Patented over sampling control
- Patented DPFM technology with ultrasonic mode
- 4.75V to 5.5V or 5.5V to 25V input voltage range
- Output voltages programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V
- 5 GPIOs
- 3 load switch I/O’s (PSIO)
- Fully programmable via SMBus (I²C)
- Channel independent programmable switching frequency
(1X, 2X, 4X)
- Complete power monitoring and reporting
- Fully configurable power up and power down sequencing
- Full fault protection features
- Internal 5V 50mA standby LDO, with automatic 5V LDO
- Internal 3.3V 50mA standby LDO
- Flash based non-volatile memory for configuration
- Minimal external components
- Evaluation Board, Demo Kit and Configuration Module (XCM) are available for evaluation and development purposes only
- PowerArchitect™ Design and Configuration Software for easy configuration
- Third-Party Programming Support
- Base stations
- Optical line cards
- Broadcast equipment
- Ultrasound equipment
- Industrial control systems
- Automatic test equipment
- Video surveillance systems
- Video conferencing systems
- Dynamic power system control
- Configurable fault management and system monitoring
- Reduced component count
- Programmable configurability reduces time- to-market
- Configurable and dynamic power conversion optimization
- Remote monitoring and field serviceability
- Anti-tampering security
- Improved reliability with reduced passive components
- Differentiating product with custom intelligent features
such as system energy monitoring or product serial traceability
Documentation & Design Tools
Quality & RoHS
|RoHS | Exempt
|MSL Rating / Peak Reflow
|L3 / 260ᵒC
|L3 / 260ᵒC
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Parts & Purchasing
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.
Find the product page of the part that you want to get an evaluation board for and click on Parts & Purchasing. Example:
Find the icons under Buy Now or Order Samples:
Click on the Buy Now icon and see who has stock and click on the Buy button:
Alternatively, you can click on the Order Samples
If the icons are missing, then contact Customer Support.