The XRP7724 is a breakthrough digital PWM/PFM quad output programmable power management system. The XRP7724 is the first digital controller that can be considered for portable or other power sensitive applications due to the significant reduction in operating current. Patented technology allows transient performance equivalent to the fastest comparator based analog technologies ensuring output capacitor size is kept to a minimum. Also included are 3 PSIOs (Power Switch IO) for driving load disconnect MOSFETs, providing another level of power management functionality.
The XRP7724 is ready for the next generation of FPGAs and processors using advanced energy management voltage control by providing output voltage resolution programming as fine as 2.5mV. Each output voltage can be programmed from 0.6V to 5.1V without the need for any external components. The device offers a complete sequencing solution for each buck converter output. Switching frequency is 100kHz to 1.2MHz with the ability to set each channel independently, a useful feature for 2 stage conversion. The wide programmable range of DPWM switching frequency allows for optimization of efficiency and component size.
An SMBus compliant I²C interface is provided to program the device and facilitate communication with the host for: fault reporting and handling, monitoring, voltage repositioning and setting other programmable features.
- Four DPWM/DPFM switching buck controllers with
internal FET drivers
- Patented over sampling control
- Patented DPFM technology with ultrasonic mode
- 4.75V to 5.5V or 5.5V to 25V input voltage range
- Output voltages programmable from 0.6V to 5.5V
- 5 GPIOs
- 3 load switch I/O’s (PSIO)
- Fully programmable via SMBus (I²C)
- Channel independent programmable switching frequency
(1X, 2X, 4X)
- Complete power monitoring and reporting
- Fully configurable power up and power down sequencing
- Full fault protection features
- Internal 5V 50mA standby LDO, with automatic 5V LDO
- Internal 3.3V 50mA standby LDO
- Flash based non-volatile memory for configuration
- Minimal external components
- Evaluation Board, Demo Kit and Configuration Module (XCM) are available for evaluation and development purposes only
- PowerArchitect™ Design and Configuration Software for easy configuration
- Third-Party Programming Support
- ANP-32, Practical Layout Guidelines for PowerXR Designs
- ANP-35, XRP77XX: Extending the MOSFET Gate Drive Conductors
- ANP-38, XRP7724 I2C Command Set and Programming Guide
- ANP-39, Loading XRP7724 RAM with Runtime Intel HEX File
- ANP-43, XRP772X Current Measurement Application Note
- ANP-44, XRP7724 - Register Definition Application Note
- Downloading and Installing CAD Symbols and Footprints with Ultra Librarian
- Base stations
- Optical line cards
- Broadcast equipment
- Ultrasound equipment
- Industrial control systems
- Automatic test equipment
- Video surveillance systems
- Video conferencing systems
- Dynamic power system control
- Configurable fault management and system monitoring
- Reduced component count
- Programmable configurability reduces time- to-market
- Configurable and dynamic power conversion optimization
- Remote monitoring and field serviceability
- Anti-tampering security
- Improved reliability with reduced passive components
- Differentiating product with custom intelligent features
such as system energy monitoring or product serial traceability
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Buy Now||Order Samples|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
Quality & Environmental Data
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
|XRP7724ILB-F||N||Y||Y||Y||L3 / 260ᵒC||TQFN44 7x7|
|XRP7724ILBTR-F||N||Y||Y||Y||L3 / 260ᵒC||TQFN44 7x7|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find the product page of the part that you want to get an evaluation board for and click on Parts & Purchasing. Example:
Find the icons under Buy Now or Order Samples:
Click on the Buy Now icon and see who has stock and click on the Buy button:
Alternatively, you can click on the Order Samples
If the icons are missing, then contact Customer Support.
In this example, we looked for XRA1201. Click on part number header or on the link at the bottom of the result. This brings you to the product page. For example:
Click on Parts & Purchasing, highlighted with the blue arrow above. The screen changes to:
Notice the status column and the “Show obsolete parts” link. A legend tells you the definition of the different statuses. Click on the “Show obsolete parts” link to see EOL or OBS part numbers along with the Active part numbers, the legend still present:
Another method to find out if a part is OBS or EOL is to click on SUPPORT at the top:
And then Product Change Notifications:
Type the part into the search, and click on one of the part numbers from the drop down menu. Then you can look for the Product Discontinuation Notice, which generally is at the top of the list, for example:
If you see this, it tells you that this particular orderable part has been discontinued and when the last order date is, or was. If you click on the file, then you can view the notice we sent about this if you purchased the part in the recent past. It may also advise of a replacement part. When an orderable part first becomes discontinued, Product Discontinuation Notices are sent are sent to those who have purchased the parts in the recent past, if purchased directly, with a dated opportunity to place a last order.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question