|Information||Programmable Power Management System|
|# of Channels||4|
|Special Features||High Current Drivers|
|VIN MIN (V)||6.5|
|VIN MAX (V)||20|
|# of Outputs||4|
|VOUT MIN (V)||0.9|
|VOUT MAX (V)||0.9*Vin|
|Junction Temp Range (°C)||-40 to 125|
|Gate Drive Pull Up/Down||3ohm / 1.8ohm|
|Programmable Frequency Range (MHz)||0.3 to 1.5|
|Set Point Resolution (mV)||50|
|Control Technology||11 bit DPWM|
The XRP7740 is a quad-output Pulse-Width Modulated (PWM) step-down DC-DC controller with a built-in LDO for standby power and GPIOs. The device provides a complete power management solution in one IC and is fully programmable via the included I2C serial interface. Independent Digital Pulse Width Modulator (DPWM) channels regulate output voltages and provide all required protection functions such as current limiting and overvoltage protection.
Each output voltage can be programmed from 0.9V to 5.1V without the need of an external voltage divider. The wide range of the programmable DPWM switching frequency (from 300 KHz to 1.5 MHz) enables the user to optimize between efficiency and component size. Input voltage range is from 6.5V to 20V. Two controllers support a load of up to 5A, while the other two controllers support up to 15A.
I2C bus interface is provided to program the IC as well as to communicate with the host for fault reporting and handling, power rail parameters monitoring, etc.
The device offers a complete solution for soft-start and soft-stop. The start-up delay and ramp of each PWM regulator can be independently controlled. The device can start up a pre-biased PWM channel without causing large negative inductor current.
The Exar Configuration Model XR77xxEVB-XCM-V80 interface board provides designers with a simple, quick and inexpensive means of evaluating and prototyping new designs using Programmable Universal PMIC devices with PowerArchitect4. This Evaluation Board is designed only for low volume engineering purposes; not production volumes. For production requirements commercial programmers must be used. The Evaluation Board is provided “as is and whereas” and without any warranty as to results, merchantability or purpose. Exar is not responsible for misuse of the Evaluation Board.
- Four switching buck (step-down) controllers each with internal FET drivers. Two controllers (2 & 4) support loads up to 15A; two controllers (1 & 3) support load up to 5A.
- 6.5V to 20V input voltage range – no additional voltage rails required
- Output voltages programmable from 0.9V to 5.1V
- Up to 6 reconfigurable GPIO pins
- Fully programmable via I2C interface
- Independent Digital Pulse Width Modulator (DPWM) channels with five coefficient PID control
- High integration: elimination of external circuits and components required for compensation, parameter adjustment and interface
- Programmable DPWM frequency range (300 kHz to 1.5 MHz) enables efficiency and component size optimization
- Complete power monitoring and reporting
- Independently controlled start-up delay and ramp for each regulator, including soft-start with a pre-biased load voltage
- Independently controlled soft-stop delay and ramp for each regulator with a programmable stop voltage
- Over temperature protection (OTP) and undervoltage lockout (UVLO); per-channel overcurrent protection (OCP) and overvoltage protection (OVP)
- Built-in LDO (configurable to 3.3V or 5V) with overcurrent protection
- Non-volatile memory for system configuration
- Evaluation Board and Configuration Module (XCM) are available for evaluation and development purposes only
- PowerArchitect™ Design and Configuration Software
- Third-Party Programming Support
- Computing: servers, storage systems
- Consumer: set-top box (STB), game systems
- Industrial: ATE, DC-DC converters, video processing
- Plasma display panel (PDP)
- Networking and telecommunications equipment
Documentation & Design Tools
Quality & RoHS
|Part Number||RoHS | Exempt||RoHS||Halogen Free||REACH||TSCA||MSL Rating / Peak Reflow||Package|
Click on the links above to download the Certificate of Non-Use of Hazardous Substances.
Parts & Purchasing
|Part Number||Pkg Code||Min Temp||Max Temp||Status||Suggested Replacement||Buy Now||Order Samples||PDN|
Active - the part is released for sale, standard product.
EOL (End of Life) - the part is no longer being manufactured, there may or may not be inventory still in stock.
CF (Contact Factory) - the part is still active but customers should check with the factory for availability. Longer lead-times may apply.
PRE (Pre-introduction) - the part has not been introduced or the part number is an early version available for sample only.
OBS (Obsolete) - the part is no longer being manufactured and may not be ordered.
NRND (Not Recommended for New Designs) - the part is not recommended for new designs.
FAQs & Support
Search our list of FAQs for answers to common technical questions.
For material content, environmental, quality and reliability questions review the Quality tab or visit our Quality page.
For ordering information and general customer service visit our Contact Us page.
Submit a Technical Support Question As a New Question
Find the product page of the part that you want to get an evaluation board for and click on Parts & Purchasing. Example:
Find the icons under Buy Now or Order Samples:
Click on the Buy Now icon and see who has stock and click on the Buy button:
Alternatively, you can click on the Order Samples
If the icons are missing, then contact Customer Support.
The Parts & Purchasing section of the product page shows the Status of all orderable part numbers for that product. Click Show obsolete parts, to see all EOL or OBS products.